Thursday, January 24

VARIOUS - MORE MONDO (1985)


















A new bunch of bands from North Carolina, a sequel to the "Mondo Montage" compilation with Rick Rock, The Spongetones, The Connells, The Graphic, Don Dixon and many more.

Songs (parts RS & SB)
Rick Rock (Button) / The Graphic (I Flew Like A Bird) / Don Dixon (Praying Mantis) / UV Prom (Upper Room) / The Pressure Boys (Pete) / The Spongetones (This Kiss Is Mine Tonight) / Head For Tall Trees (Star By Star) / Fetchin' Bones (Plus Seven) / Safehouse (Magazine) / The Connells (Darker Days) / The Vanguard (Waiting Game) / Southern Culture On The Skids (Love In 4D) / The Bad Checks (17)

6 comments:

angelo said...

pwd: password

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Don't know how I came across this album back in the 80s, but I did and I always liked it. In fact, I probably liked it too much because it's a little worse for wear. I'm so excited to have a decent copy of the Head For Tall Trees song, "Star By Star". I had never heard of them before this and haven't heard from them since, but I always thought it was an exceptional song. This was also probably my first exposure to Don Dixon who became a favorite of mine and an artist I've followed ever since. By posting this, you've really resurrected some great memories. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Am I missing something? The Sharebe link leads only to parttwo. Where is partone? Or is this all that's available on purpose? Or is it a browser problem? I use Opera on a Mac though I fired up Safari to double check.

Anonymous said...

Have a look at the link title, before the hyphen is part1, after it part 2.

Thanks for the links :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, got that just before checking back on the comments. The Lost Phil Seymour artist/title on two lines pointed me in the right direction. I merely assumed artist/title was one link. Thanks for taking the time.

sambson said...

Thanks a heap! I played the UV Prom song constantly on college radio and loved it. In fact, they're the first band I ever saw at the Milestone in Charlotte. Has anyone ever posted UV Prom's "Field Of Vision" EP?