YANKEE ROSE - YANKEE ROSE (1980)
"Yankee Rose" was originally released on Goldmine Records in 1980 and has never been reissued on CD. Little is known about the band except the lead singer was Michael Adams. The blog readers who didn't have the opportunity to grab the album while it was posted on PPC around March 2008, as a bonus link with the Ducks Deluxe's Jumpin' 7" EP, can now give a listen to that lost gem, courtesy of a friend of mine.
Here are the special notes included at the time
"A few weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a copy of the elusive Yankee Rose LP, there was no artwork with the copy. I guess you all know i only post albums with artwork, so as i don't have any, i can't go against my own rules. It is the reason why i won't post the Yankee Rose album as a regular one. I have included the link of the rip (320) for the ones who like Ducks Deluxe. Enjoy that piece of obscure powerpop listed as #121 by John Borack in his Ultimate Power Pop Guide."
ZS (253 mb)


8 comments:
pwd: password
Thanks very much for posting this. It will be great to hear this item from the "Borack" List of which I was completely unaware. It's one of the most exciting things about blogs - having the opportunity to hear stuff from years ago which passed you by.
Regards,
Stewart
Glasgow,Scotland
Just started listening. So far sounds good.
Ace K.
Been waiting for this one! Thank you so much!!
just 1 word : GREAT!!! your blog as well as the fine music you present. I´ve neard of this album before, so I am really curious to listen to it.
Tahnk you very much and may your days be sunny : Kill.Waas
Excellent post. It was very helpful for me.I knew little in this part before,Thank you for sharing !
This blog makes me realize the energy of words and pictures. It's very beneficial for me, Thank you for sharing!
Thank you.
Post a Comment