500,000 BLOG FANS CAN'T BE WRONG
THE RETURN OF TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES
THE RETURN OF TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES
Onnce Johnny Ramone said: "In the 90's, we played some festivals with some of the other new bands, and i could see that these bands were being influenced by Pearl Jam, and bands like that. they didn't even know who The Ramones were. They could be into punk rock and not even be familiar with The Clash. They're influenced by stuff that came out in the 90's. They don't go back and learn the history. Go back to the beginning of rock 'n'roll and listen to everything that went down. Listen to The Kinks and you know who Slade are. If you're going to start a band now because you listened to The Strokes, how do you know what it takes to be good."
Special note: In 2006, i tried to compile some great cover versions made by some bands who knew a lot, as Johnny Ramone once said, about history. Here's the return of "Tributes or not Tributes : 500,000 Blog Fans Can't Be Wrong ". Previous volumes are still available here.
Special note: In 2006, i tried to compile some great cover versions made by some bands who knew a lot, as Johnny Ramone once said, about history. Here's the return of "Tributes or not Tributes : 500,000 Blog Fans Can't Be Wrong ". Previous volumes are still available here.
Click on pix for details of the bands involved


25 comments:
pwd: password
Yaaaaaaaaeeeeeeehhhhh!!!!!!
Angelo, your comps rock my world! thank you! thank you! thank you!
muchísimas gracias.
thank u very much.
:)
you ruleeeeeeeeee
thanx so much ... all your tribute comps are brillint :)))))
cool stuff, nice work.
Great. Thanks!
how can i get passwords for that great cuts on your blog?
Hi Angelo,
Thanks for featuring The Slingsby Hornets on this compilation. Look out for our soon to be released second CD ("Whatever Happened To...The Slingsby Hornets?").
If you'd like a copy just email me at mail@theslingsbyhornets.co.uk.
Cheers
Frank E. Slingsby / Jon Paul Allen
Looking forward to listen to this one.
Many thanks for this compilation, Angelo.
Nils
Am listening to this fab compilation now. Wow, what a treat. Thanks ever so much and keep up the good work.
I've just discovered this blog and this great, really great, album. Thank you very much, I will follow you closely.
Regards from Spain and thanks again!
Eva
Thanks a lot. Keep up the great blog.
Excellent post. It was very helpful for me.I knew little in this part before,Thank you for sharing !
I just ran across your wonderful blog today.It's very beneficial for me, Keep coming up with ideas.
gracias, Angelo! Esta es la 2º vez que me bajo los recopilatorios. Mi IPOD se quedó "out", una tragedia.
gracias mil!
Dt
Angelo,
Check out the the video on this page:
http://stereogum.com/615281/vampire-weekend-the-black-keys-hit-colbert-for-a-sell-out-off/top-stories/lead-story/
It's from the Colbert Report, @ minute 1.04 you will see Colbert's take on your take of the 500k Blogger's can't be wrong album cover. BTW, what did you base this on?
thx for the link, it was based upon the elvis presley's best of (but also on a elvis costello bootleg named 50.000.000 elvis fans can't be wrong)
Hey... I am looking for a cover of "Somebody Wants to Love You" originally by the Partridge Family. I think it was covered in the late 80s, but don't remember who did it.
The Mr T Experience covered "Somebody wants to love you" on
Big Black Bugs Bleed Blue Blood (1989)
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Bugs-Bleed-Blue-Blood/dp/B000000FJW
Thanks for the info on Mr T. Experience. I have now reclaimed a fleeting moment from 1989 that I have have been trying to remember ever since. Now, do you know of any cool covers of Mama Cass Elliot songs?
Dear Angelo,
like I feared, the dreaded message from Zippyshare:
"File does not exist on this server"
500,000 BLOG FANS CAN'T BE WRONG, cd2
If you could find the time for a re-up I would be so very grateful, also on behalf of my blind friend John, who really loves all kind of covers.
aTdHvAaNnKcSe
Sjef
cd2 was re-upped on tuesday 19 (august 2014)
i downloaded it on wednesday 20 (august 2014)
i unpacked it with winrar using the usual password, all files were there
Hi Angelo,
I'm downloading it now, but I tried it for several day, got an empty file (0 bytes), then yesterday the message that the file didn't exist.
I did reload zippy, I did reload your blogpage and clicked the link to zipshare again, used forced reload, and ran out of options.
It's nearly there now, can't wait!
Thanks again!
Sjef
CD2 Song 14 is MIA. Can we get a re-up?
Thanks for fixing the missing song!
Post a Comment