WONDERBOY - WONDERBOY (1992)
The first Wonderboy album is a solid representation of one of the most loved combos on the Los Angeles underground pop scene of the early '90s. When the songs are on, they absolutely hit the mark. "Shouldn't I Know More by Now" is a superb piece of gutsy angst to open the album, while "You Can Rest Easy Tonight" is full of lovely, subtle chord and tempo changes and some knowing, moving lyrics. Even better is the jaunty, optimistic "Burning Bridges" and its dismissive counterpart "Rebel Town," a diatribe against fake rebellion and stylish noncomformists. Maybe the next two Wonderboy albums would be more satisfying, but then a partly satisfying Wonderboy album is better than no Wonderboy at all. AMG
Songs
Shouldn't I Know More by Now / Web of Lies / Fair Is Fair / We Cry / Burning Bridges / The F Word / Rebel Town / Turn About Is Fair Play / Now You've Proven Me Right About Girls / You Can Rest Easy Tonight / Wait Forever
Songs
Shouldn't I Know More by Now / Web of Lies / Fair Is Fair / We Cry / Burning Bridges / The F Word / Rebel Town / Turn About Is Fair Play / Now You've Proven Me Right About Girls / You Can Rest Easy Tonight / Wait Forever
2 comments:
Un buen disco d euna banda que nunca antes habia escuchado WOnderboys es una banda muy buena. Gracias por tu blog.
Thank You very much.
I'm being crazy to listen and hear this band as good as Wonderboy, but is restricted material in the Internet and the information that this band is wonderful, I love this thank you very much once again for the beautiful blog
Never change, never leave us.
Post a Comment