92 DEGREES - MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND (1990)

Hailing from the Illinois area just like their labelmates Material Issue, 92 Degrees released in 1990 this little known mini LP full of catchy power pop hooks produced by the fabulous Adam Schmitt and the late Jay Bennett.
Mike Galassini (vocals/ bass), Steve Steffens (vocals/ guitar) and Dane Svoboda (drums) were later produced by Jeff Murphy of Shoes fame and they released their only full length album in 1995 on Black Vinyl Shoes. 92 Degrees were also featured on the classic Christmas compilation "Yuletunes".
Today, Mike Galassini is playing with the Valley Downs who recorded an incredibly haunting version of The Beatles’ “For No One” (available on IPO Vol 8) for BBC Radio Merseyside in support of its appearance at the Mathew Street Festival in Liverpool. They are currently working on their first album.
Songs
Love Her / Money Makes My World Go 'Round / Away From You / I Always Will / What She Needs / Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! / Another Guy
Mike Galassini (vocals/ bass), Steve Steffens (vocals/ guitar) and Dane Svoboda (drums) were later produced by Jeff Murphy of Shoes fame and they released their only full length album in 1995 on Black Vinyl Shoes. 92 Degrees were also featured on the classic Christmas compilation "Yuletunes".
Today, Mike Galassini is playing with the Valley Downs who recorded an incredibly haunting version of The Beatles’ “For No One” (available on IPO Vol 8) for BBC Radio Merseyside in support of its appearance at the Mathew Street Festival in Liverpool. They are currently working on their first album.
Songs
Love Her / Money Makes My World Go 'Round / Away From You / I Always Will / What She Needs / Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! / Another Guy
2 comments:
Hey if someone could get a hold of me, I need help navigating on here. I am a Power Pop freak (golden era, i.e. late 70's and 80's). Not so good at this blog thing though, I have a collection of over 13,000....I'm looking for basic help, and possibly the owner of the site to get in touch with to lend some Power Pop gems to this great site, please email me: seacliffnights@gmail.com
I love 92 Degrees and have a a 4 song CD from Mike Galassini's other band that I saw in London, The Valley Downs from Chicago and it is just as good. Amazing that this type of music is out there from America and so hard to find!
Post a Comment