NILON BOMBERS - BIRD (1996)
Hailing from Gloucestershire (UK), Drew Norton (vocal, guitar), Gareth Ballard (guitar, vocal), Martin Williams (drums) and Kim Dorman (bass) formed the Nilon Bombers and released a few singles and one album produced by the legendary Kim Fowley... Due to lack of success, the band split and that's how almost nobody heard about them.
Bruce Brodeen wrote this review for the Not Lame's Summer '97 catalog (page 13), right below the Badfinger News:
"The UK press confuses me so much. They exalt artistic mediocrity on non-objective, non discernable criterion giving rise to an endless array of non-descript bands they try, futilely, to export to the US for a bigger payoff. Take Nilon Bombers...no one writes about this absolutely wonderful band. Now, as great as they are, i don't think they'd go over gangbusters here, but there is not question this band is outstanding...every song is a nice re-invention of Brit-pop styled power pop, richly blended, loud-ish, sweetly breezy and creative pop porridge with whimsical and simply catchy melodies. Each song is a winner on its own terms and leave us to wonder why less creative bands take the headlines. This may be hard to keep in stock, so you are aware. Wonderful and AAA rating."
Songs
I'm Not Built This / Headache / Superstar / Lauging Gas / Since You Found God / Looking Forward, Going Back / Let's Go / Hard Working Boy / Cracked / Swim / Another Day / Clouds / The Independent / Baby I Love You (Hidden Track)
2 comments:
Hi, I love your site, but I need some help...please. I've tried time and time again to expand the RAR files of various LPs, and have always gotten the same message: "File is broken." I have never encountered this problem anywhere else. Any suggestions? Anyone else ever mention this? Thanks so much.
Sal
What's the passwor to open the rar file ?
Post a Comment