Monday, November 23

VARIOUS - SANTA CLAUS & THE POWER POP CRIMINALS (2009)
Before i even started my collaboration with a sadly defunct Powerpop blog, i had made a couple of Christmas compilations for my personal use, some of my closest friends got their copy as well. But, if you're familiar with the PPC blog i guess you all know the previous collections "A Christmas Blog Gift For You" (2006), "Another Christmas Blog Gift For You - Born To Greet" (2007) or even "Dreamland With The Pop Snowflakes" (2008). Soon, it will be another Christmas and what could be worse than a Powerpop Criminals Blog without a brand new Christmas compilation...The crew of PPC (indeed, that's me) wishes you all the best for the holiday season. Thanks for visiting, and have a cool yule!...Enjoy the spirit of Christmas and see you next week.
ZS (184 mb)
Click on pix for details of the bands involved

24 comments:

powerpopster said...

God bless ya Angelo!
Merry Christmas indeed.....
:)

All the best,
Powerpopster

acresofbears said...

Thank you. I've been looking forward to this years edition. What a great way to get the season rolling.

Soggy Bottom said...

Ahhh...It's that time of year again. As I have said here before, I used to make my own power pop Christmas comps, but my friend Angelo does such a thorough job I like his much better than mine most of the time.

Happy Christmas Angelo & don't forget "[Listen] the Snow is Falling."

ron said...

Another Wonderful Addition Thanks !!

Traitor Vic said...

Eek! It's That Time Already! My how time flies.

Thanks for this, Angelo! It's getting me into the spirit.

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Amazing... as always. Thanks

Todd said...

Does this mean the ADVENT WALL OF SOUND is upcoming? That would really mean that christmas is around the corner!!!

Dear Santa,
I would like #103, 112, 128, 130, 175, 192, & 195.


or a pony.

Mr. Suave said...

Egads! Maybe the best Xmas comp yet. You've outdone yourself. Thanxxxx.

troy said...

Thank you for all the great Christmas power pop songs. Any chance you can re-post the first Christmas collection from 2006? The link takes you back to the current one. Thanks!

dixiebird said...

Great Site , please its possible pass?

angelo said...

troy, after you have clicked scroll down , scroll down

Anonymous said...

Christmas comes but once a year, as does your great comp. Can't wait to hear it.

Thank you,

Ace K.

P.S. Looking forward to the Advent Wall, too. Any rare Windbreakers or Mayflies USA related stuff would stuff my stocking (so to speak).

Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, the Future Clouds and Radar (ex-Cotton Mather) song is one of the most affecting I have EVER HEARD. When I first heard it on the CD, I could barely move. Stunning.

Ace K.

Unknown said...

Gracias, gracias... No sé qué sería de la navidad sin tí...

Anonymous said...

Maybe i am dumb but how do get a password to extract these files.

buckrabbit said...

How do you extract these songs? What are the passwords?

Ernie said...

For what it's worth, this is always one of my favorite compilations. Year in, year out, you always find the best stuff. Thanks a million!

Anonymous said...

sorry but i don't know this song and i Can't have the password Can you Give me the pass Please

Unknown said...

what is the password please tell me

Unknown said...

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee the password

Maximum Jack said...

Awesome, thanks a ton for these-- I can't wait to gdig in!

Although there is probably some overlap, I've got four volumes of Holiday Tunes up over at Burna and Shine that some of your readers might be interested in. Thanks again!

Tiago Kavanaghs said...

Hi Angelo!!! I´m Tiago from THE KAVANAGHS (www.thekavanaghs.com.ar / www.myspace.com/thekavanaghs). Not so long ago, you posted our album on your wonderful blog...thanks so much for that!!
this time I´d like you to know that we´re releasing a "Christmas single". Two original songs we wrote specially for the ocasion. You can listen to it at our myspace and in a day or so via our website. If you happen to like them and want to share it with the word, just contact us and we´ll send you the files, ok??!
contact@thekavanaghs.com.ar
Merry Christmas and keep up the good work!!
Good vibrations
Tiago / THE KAVANAGHS

urge1970 said...

the pass is: password

Pointed Sticks said...

power pop santa next year?