Thursday, March 18

ALEX CHILTON - R.I.P. (December 28, 1950 - March 17, 2010)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great loss. He was a wonderful songwriter

Anonymous said...

Very Sad news...a big loss.
R.I.P....
Regards Danny.

Soggy Bottom said...

First Doug Fieger & now Alex Chilton!? Wow! I am still realing with Doug's passing.

I liked the Box Tops before I knew who Alex Chilton was & especially liked the Dimensions Lp with Soul Deep. Working in a CBS Records warehouse, I discovered the first 2 notoriously overlooked Big Star Lp's. This is when I became an Alex Chilton fan. He always challenged me after the 1st two Big Star Lp's. Challenged me to keep on liking him. Sometimes I did & sometimes I didn't, but I kept following him down that path.

Eventually 2 friends helped Alex & Jody re-light the Big Star flame in the 90's. When I finally saw them perform live, it was like an impossilble dream come true. I cried when they played 13.

I'm crying today.

My love is a river running Soul Deep.

vex_voxtone said...

R.I.P. Alex ... thank you for the music and see you on the other side

azzad10 said...

So sad, at least we have his music

George said...

sad sad sad day indeed.. I never go far without a little Big Star *

Betto Skin said...

Hey man, what's the password to alex chilton tribute???
tanx!!!