Sunday, August 15

VARIOUS - IPO Vol 4 (2001)


















Bruce Brodeen and Not Lame Records have just released Volume 13 of the IPO collection. Compiled by David Bash, most of the volumes are now out of print and hard to find. But the volumes 5 (only a few copies are left), 9, 10, 11 and 12 are still available and can be ordered directly from Not Lame.

CD1 + CD2

Click on pix for details

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you help? I'm on a Mac and don't usually have problems unzipping your files. I downloaded all 4, then began to unzip as I normally do. When the first file finished (with 11 tracks), I was asked to locate "ppcVrs01IPO4pt1.r00", but, of course, there isn't such a file. I renamed "ppcVrs01IPO4pt2.rar" to the name it was looking for and that didn't work either. So I renamed part 2 back to the original name. And I cancelled unzipping. Then I tried unzipping part 2 by itself, but it asked for a password and the usual password wouldn't work. I'm stumped. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Why would your file have one name and then it creates a completely new name after it downloads? This is weird. Needless to say, I'm disappointed. Your shares are always the best on the web and this looks like something I really hate to miss. Thanks!

Shriner said...

I had to rename parts 2-4 so they ended:

.r00
.r01
.r02

Once you do that, then it will extract.

Rinjo Njori! said...

Thanks great to hear this in it's entirety

Anonymous said...

I renamed the files, but I keep getting "incorrect passphrase." I know the usual password and it's always worked in the past and it worked for part 1, but not for the other IPO files. I'm stumped. Thanks for trying to help! Anon @ 11:37

Shriner said...

You have to rename files 2-4 first.

Then when you open "pt1.rar", it will see pt1.r00, pt1.r01 and pt1.r02 automatically -- you don't open the other 3 files individually.

Anonymous said...

just a heads up.....here's a link to a pre-release bonus track from the upcoming dwight twilley album " green blimp " enjoy

http://app.topspin.net/store/dwighttwilley/2653?has_media=true&campaign=http%3A%2F%2Fapp.topspin.net%2Fapi%2Fv1%2Fartist%2F2653%2Fcampaign%2F10066354&fan=http%3A%2F%2Fapp.topspin.net%2Fapi_v1_fan%2Fshow%2F9799250%3Fartist_id%3D2653%26auth%3Dae1c314a38222d130282d8abc04235ed

rem2rigs said...

I'm also on an older macintosh & It's not working for me either..... any other options?? I would really love to listen to this. Thanks for posting! As always your efforts are greatly appreciated. Best- Todd

Anonymous said...

You should re-up this one...one of the good ones.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Help, whenever I click on any of the 4 links for this CD, I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage" message. How can I download IPO Vol 4

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Would it be possible please to re-up IPO 4 and 6 ? Thanks very much in advance, and many thanks, to say the least, for your amazing site. I've learned here more in a few weeks about pop than in thirty years reading rock press !

François