Tuesday, June 14

JOHN WICKS - SUMMER 2011

John Wicks, lead singer of The Records and co-writer of the hit songs "Starry Eyes" and "Hearts In Her Eyes", has an idea he'd like to share.

For the entire summer, John will be posting a free, rare demo or outtake every week on the band's Facebook fan page. Starting June 13 go to The Records Featuring John Wicks, "like" the page, and you'll be treated to that week's feature outtake or demo. Most if not all of these cuts have never seen the light of day and promise to be a real treat, both for those familiar with Wicks' work as well as those who just dig good, melodic pop of the highest order. Eventually some but not all of these tracks will appear on an upcoming CD release, but the only way to make sure you hear them all is to check out John's fanpage. Go to The Records Featuring John Wicks and click "Like", refresh your browser, and the mp3 will be available to you...FOR FREE. Check out The Records' main website at John Wicks & The Records.com for news, tour, or any other additional information about the band.

Here at PPC we support John Wicks, the previously posted "A Sunny Afternoon in Waterloo" is still available.

5 comments:

spavid said...

Mighty crucial info. Thanks for passing this wonderful news along!

lil m said...

thanx for the tip! reigniting my interest in this great artist and trippin' on the video at at his Facebook page of him jamming Starry Eyes with Al "Year Of The Cat" Stewart last year in San Juan Capistrano!

Ramon said...

A Sunny Afternoon In Waterloo is not available.

Anonymous said...

Angelo - where do I find the mp3s? I went to John's FB page, Liked it and refreshed, but don't see the mp3s.

Anonymous said...

http://blurt-online.com/features/view/922/

I'm a music journalist and a longtime fan of The Records. I enjoy reading your blog from time to time and thought you might want to check out a piece I recently wrote for Blurt magazine on The Records. I interviewed John and Will Birch for this piece; both nice guys and one of the most underrated songwriting teams of their day, in my opinion.

Dave Steinfeld