ROCKIN' HORSE - YES IT IS (1971, Expanded 2004)
The goal of Rockin' Horse was to revive the classic Liverpool sound -- in that regard, Yes It Is is a phenomenal album and an even better CD, filled up as it is with six bonus tracks. Jimmy Campbell and ex-Merseybeats bassist Billy Kinsley delivered up a record with a good rootsy feel to everything here, and the stuff that fits into a Merseybeat groove is authentic right down to the roughness in the bass work. Some of the rest is closer in spirit to what the Band shot for on Music From Big Pink and their self-titled album. Not all of it works, but what does -- which is most of it -- is a bracing update of mid-'60s British rock & roll. AMG
Songs
1. Biggest Gossip In Town / 2. Oh Carol, I'm So Sad / 3. You're Spending All My Money / 4. Baby Walk Out With Your Darlin' Man / 5. Don't You Ever Think I Cry / 6. Yes It Is / 7. Stayed Out Late Last Night / 8. Delicate Situation / 9. Son, Son / 10. Golden Opportunity / 11. I'm Trying To Forget You / 12. Julian The Hooligan / 13. Biggest Gossip In Town (Single Version) / 14. You Say / 15. Julian The Hooligan (Single Version) / 16. Stayed Out Late Last Night (Single Version) / 17. Frankie Joe / 18. Lonely Norman
1. Biggest Gossip In Town / 2. Oh Carol, I'm So Sad / 3. You're Spending All My Money / 4. Baby Walk Out With Your Darlin' Man / 5. Don't You Ever Think I Cry / 6. Yes It Is / 7. Stayed Out Late Last Night / 8. Delicate Situation / 9. Son, Son / 10. Golden Opportunity / 11. I'm Trying To Forget You / 12. Julian The Hooligan / 13. Biggest Gossip In Town (Single Version) / 14. You Say / 15. Julian The Hooligan (Single Version) / 16. Stayed Out Late Last Night (Single Version) / 17. Frankie Joe / 18. Lonely Norman


7 comments:
I already own this one and I like it very much, especially The Biggest Gossip In Town. Good choice Angelo!!!
Nice one Angelo.
I'd forgotten all about this album.
Really good in places.
This was not what I was expecting based on "Biggest Gossip..." Not much else on the album sounded like that single.
The rest of it sounded like Badfinger (in a good way.)
Thanks for this share!
Very cool.
I was looking for this brilliant album for ages. Even used cd's on amazon are ridiculously expensive. I even emailed people at Rev-ola if there will be a possible reissue of this jewel in the future but unfortunately it will remain out of print. THANK YOU SO MUCH for this wonderful present.
Vedran
Hello Angelo.
When you will have time to do, please up this album again !!! Please!!
Superb in every way and probably the greatest pop of all time. Sublime!
Post a Comment