Thursday, March 28

TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES VOL 8 (2013)

"Go back and learn the history. Go back to the beginning of rock 'n'roll and listen to everything that went down".  Johnny Ramone

This is Volume 8, subtitled "Never Mind The Originals, Here's the 8th..." of the collection of all-covers (100% stones free... again!).

Two links: 384mb. They include the full set of artwork (booklet + inner + inlay + tray).

Click on pix for details of the 52 bands involved

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Download not available
File owner's public traffic exhausted. (da3c7b74)

Anonymous said...

On vol. 5 I think it is, The Lolas - Can't Explain - what album is this from?

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing, but your Rapidshare link is down. Hope you can it sorted out, I'd love to complete my collection. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Great looking collection - and already public traffic exhausted!
I'm patient. I'll wait!

Frank E. Slingsby said...

Thanks, yet again, for featuring the track.
Another wonderful compilation.

johnnybgoode said...

wow, i am extremely excited! thanks

johnnybgoode said...

bummer, not available

Shriner said...

Who doesn't love these comps? Who? Not me!

Anonymous said...

I've gotten a lot of nice stuff off your site for years now and never left a thank you.....so thank you for turning me on to a lot of music I may have never have come across. Good job.

angelo said...

Yes, this is a cover of the Love's "Can't Explain"

It is available on the spanish anthology "Silver & Gold" (2003) under the name of "Wake Up In The Morning"

emmanuelboisbunon said...

Thanks a lot for all those nuggets ! Cheers

emmanuelboisbunon said...

Thanx a lot for all those nuggets ! Cheers

josechu modforever said...

Thaks for another great compilation!!!

Anonymous said...

When I try to open the .rar it asks me for a password?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love these! But no matter what I do I can't get Disc 2 of Strikes Back!

angelo said...

roll over
tributes or not tributes = cd1
strikes back : cd2

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Thanks very much for sharing your work Angelo.

SteveO

Anonymous said...

"roll over
tributes or not tributes = cd1
strikes back : cd2"
thanks for clearing that up for my idiot brain!

piratecyan said...

Thanks, you always find some interesting ones

garagekings said...

just curious - where does this one fit in "Tributes or Not Tributes - Hello Again! Covered"?

Is it part of this series or does it stand apart?

many thanks

smithy

angelo said...

the collections "de nuevo" and "hello again" are not mine, but they can be found here
http://digivinyltal.blogspot.fr/2008/06/tributes-or-not-tributes-de-nuevo-hello.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Angelo!

If anyone else is wondering, the link works, you just have to be patient. I had to try a dozen times over the past three days, but it finally downloaded.

Also, does anyone have a copy of the "de nuevo" comp? The site that angelo listed above has dead links. I've heard the "hello again" comp, and it's a fine complement (and compliment!) to the gems angelo has assembled.

Cheers!

Indiana Scott said...

Another request: Could you re-up this series of Tributes Or Not Tributes? The only links that work are the current volume and volume 5. Much like the Ultimate Guide, these are likewise invaluable files. Thanks for your help!

Doug J said...

Hi Angelo - thanks for everything over the years, but I missed Vol 8 of the Tributes or Not... - and now the link is dead - any chance of Zippyshare? Thanks.

Doug