Tuesday, June 28

It is time to move on

Yesterday

I saw my E.N.T specialist and he told me

  1. There is no cure
  2. I should accept my loss of the right ear
  3. I should live forever with a permanent tinnitus
  4. I should move on.

SO

PPC will move to this new address HERE with a new name

and then PPC will be closed as soon as

enough PPC followers have joined PPA (aka PPC 2.0)

PPC had 489  followers, i hope PPA will have at least 300

it won't be a private blog

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the new site going to be private? Limited to 100 people?
Pete

jef said...

Thank you for carrying on! Your loss is grave, but I am thankful that you still have 'an ear' for great music and are willing to share and engage with us like-minded folk!

Cheers! Keep on keeping on brother.

- 'follower 21' at the new site :)

Bill M. said...

Sorry for the challenges that you're facing. Thanks for your great blog. See you at PPA.

heartsofstone said...

Thank you for keeping us part of your journey. I wish there was more we could do to be helpful.

DiggityDawg said...

Bookmarked. Sorry about the bad ear news.

YankeeBoy said...

So sorry to hear the bad news.

CrozetBeat said...

So sorry to hear about the ear, friend.

Alexandre de Zalbac said...

Que serait la musique sans PPC ? Cela mérite une révérence

rugrat907 said...

I'm so sorry for your health issues. And I'm grateful for everything you have done over these many years and the opportunity to learn more about the music we all love. It's been a journey that took me to new places and I'm glad it will continue. Many thanks for everything.

bosshoss said...

Sorry for your hearingproblems.
Glad you keep this going.
I follow, as you lead. Eager to discover your findings.
As always, I'm humbly bowing to your amazing knowledge of all things power pop.
All the best, Tomas

I too am anonymous. said...

I've had Tinnitus for about 12 years, after a while it's not intrusive, well not all the time!

rogue46 said...

Don't lose hope. There are always new developments in science and medicine. I wish you the best.

iolar said...

Sorry your prognosis wasn't better. I'll agree with Anonymous above, though, after a while tinnitus fades into the background; it's always there, but most of the time you can ignore it. I've been living with it for over 50 years (had a bad ear infection when I was very little that spread to both ears and I suffered ruptured eardrums in both ears as a result).

Hopefully a treatment is discovered sometime in the near future to alleviate or reverse your hearing problem.

Best of all to you,

-- Chad

Mark B. said...

Angelo, sorry to hear about the prognosis... I wish you health & comfort as much as possible, and hope that time will bring new solutions to the problem.

In the meantime, so glad to see you will be carrying on in the blog world. Please let us loyal fans know any way we can help.

PPC IS DEAD... LONG LIVE PPA!!!!!!

Malaspina said...

It is great to have you continuing the spread of great music via PPA. Very sorry to hear about your hearing prognosis.

Psychfan said...

Very sorry to hear about this.

jrb said...

Very sorry about your health issues. Thank you for all you have done for this community in the past. Hopefully, they will find some sort of help for you to alleviate the condition.

superflash said...

So sorry to hear of your prognosis!! Thank you for your efforts and all the best to you!

The.HR.Doctor said...

Let's get this party started!

Anonymous said...

Let's get this party started!

fernando said...

Ánimo. Nosotros seguiremos contigo.

tourism said...

let's rock

Bruce Brodeen said...

Sorry to hear the news on the right ear....very sorry, I wish there was some wisdom to pass along but alas....but I CAN echo the others' thoughts, LET'S DO IT!

We'll follow where you go...I look forward to seeing wot 'appens!

OG said...

Sorry for your troubles mate
But, I gotta say, your new site looks great!

Best of Luck,
Obey-Gravity

shteeve said...

So, so sorry that there wasn't a better prognosis. I hope at least over time the tinnitus is manageable so you can continue to enjoy the thing you love in some way.

tomg said...

I think all of my friends (who collect music) have lost some hearing, one of my best is handicapped, because of his poor hearing. I dont hear well myself since my twenties. CSo, can we say it's part of the job? Part of the Joy. I know, i'm not in your body.
Ok, i added the new blog to my favorites. Como dijo el amigo Fernando "seguiremos contigo" desde España y Argentina "Animo". Un saludo al gran Angelo.

Unknown said...

Still miss you Angelo, hope you are doing well. Thanks again for all the good music and good vibes!

xx said...

Offriamo orologi replica di alta qualità a un prezzo economico.
Gli orologi di marca sono disponibili qui! Omega replica,
Cartier replica

D said...

Maybe these can help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MDO8KB3zjk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FztARB3rbw0

Best to you,
- D

Unknown said...

Still miss you Angelo and your great shares. Can anyone help me with a copy of TONT # 17?