THE PATRIOTS - PHARAOH'S LAND...PLUS (1986)
As you may have read in the previous post, The Patriots were from Philadelphia. The merseybeat/fab four sound was a major infuence. Originally they only had four songs officially released on the Bam Caruso split LP with the Chicaynes. But they also recorded a bunch of demos. Those six demos, including a cover of a Left Banke's "Let Go Of You Girl", show how much The Patriots were a promising act. Just listen to the amazing "Last Night", one more unreleased lost gem.
Special note : The deal was for me to make a special artwork for an unofficial expanded Pharaoh's Land LP in order to get the demos. So, i included the four official songs to make a 10-song LP. Some of the sound due to an unknown generation tape is not always of hi-fi quality. We hope the listener will keep this in mind. This is an exclusive release to PPC.
Songs (as featured in the official release)
It Don't Show / She Loves You Too / Hey Don't You Know / That Way
Demos
Last Night / She's My Kind Of Girl / Let Go Of You Girl / The Spirit Is Willing / Polynesian Walk / No Radio
11 comments:
pwd: password
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Ever since I downloaded "That Way" from the Little Hits website over two years ago, I've been searching for this EP and anything else the Patriots recorded. You've made my week.
Thank you very much angelo:
I had already listen to the 4 Patriots songs of the Pharaoh's Land EP, and I loved them, think they're first class.
And now you post these 6 "new" songs, i can't wait to listen them, you're my idol man.
Anxo MG.
Angelo. Wow, what a revelation! The Patriots - along with Clovis Roblaine and Candy - may be the best power pop from the 80's. If you have any contact info for the former band members, I'd love to talk to them. cmakamson AT gmail DOT com is me. Please get back to me. THANKS!!!!
Hi, I am Joseph, I introduced the band members to each other and played the drums. I was working on a compilation of demos myself but finding the time is not easy.
hi joseph
this is really premier class stuff
you should release them
Yes, I couldn't agree with you more. I have some good stuff that you didn't put on the lp that you did. These picks look like Carl's favourites. I have lost track of him and the others. I'm looking now for the master that I have of the material.
Hey Angelo, I have posted 2 responses and I don't see them yet so I will wait to see if they show up...
oh, I just read the notice about comments being approved, never mind, talk to you later.
I played with This Patriots for about a year.. Right after Joe Borelli left the band. I sang the high harmonies. Joe and John were both in the band at that time. I have some live tapes of the band, but the quality is not that good. I cannot find the original tape that Carl gave me to learn all of the songs... still digging around here. We worked on, She's my Kind of Girl, in Carl's basement.
Tom
HI Tom...
Joe Cline
Post a Comment