ROGER C.REALE & RUE MORGUE - RADIOACTIVE (1978)
This is the third part of the Big Sound label. After the Hilly Michaels and G.E. Smith posts, it is time to go on with Roger C.Reale who involved both of the aforementioned in his band Rue Morgue. This band consisted of Roger on bass and lead vocals, G.E. Smith on guitar, and Hilly Michaels on drums. After the release of their first LP, G.E. left the band to take a gig with Dan Hartman who was touring in support of his big hit, "Instant Replay". Rue Morgue returned to the Trod Nossel studios with Jimmy MacAllister (see The Beckies and Sparks) and Mick Ronson on guitar. Some tracks were recorded but none were completed or released. All of the three band members are featured on Bionic Gold (a tribute to Phil Spector).
Special Note : The US version of the album was ripped by ian r. I made the artwork with the scans provided. The U.K version had two bonus tracks not included here.
Songs
High Society / Dear Dad / Stop and Go / Pain Killer / Kill Me / Reach for the Sky / Madonna's Last Stand / Please Believe Me / Inside Outside / I Can't Control Myself
Special Note : The US version of the album was ripped by ian r. I made the artwork with the scans provided. The U.K version had two bonus tracks not included here.
Songs
High Society / Dear Dad / Stop and Go / Pain Killer / Kill Me / Reach for the Sky / Madonna's Last Stand / Please Believe Me / Inside Outside / I Can't Control Myself
5 comments:
pwd: password
Wha'd I tell ya? ;)
In the late 70's and early 80's I worked in a record store in Connecticut and one of many nights in New Haven seeking live music I saw Roger, GE and Hilly in a Hotel Basement made into a "Cavern" of sorts. You have brought back a great memory with this post.
THANK YOU
long island steve
Hi, Roger here...a friend tipped me off to this site; I'm honored and flattered..fact: GE, Hilly and I never actually played out; GE went on the road w/Dan Hartman...Hilly, me, and the late Jimmy McAllister recorded a second LP (with Mick Ronson as well), and played out (w/out Ronson!)...the Hotel Basement was in New Haven, and named The Grotto...The Screamin' Blue Messiahs actually played there...check out my current band, The Manchurians, on myspace...Cheers!
Re-up anywhere? Thanks!
Post a Comment