Monday, June 30

THE BAM BALAM EXPLOSION VOL 2 (1995)


















While the first volume had been devoted to the best of spanish powerpop bands, The Bam Balam Explosion Vol 2 was a retrospective compilation of Australian power pop that was released a few years ago by the excellent spanish (from Palma de Mallorca) label Bam Balam. The booklet (24 pages) was really nicely put together with paintings by surrealist artist Andreu Llodra used to complement each artist while the liner notes were quite informative (band members and discography).


Bands (Songs)
DM3 (TV Sound) / Juke Savages (Liberty) / The Spliffs (Are You Happy Now) / The Rainyard (Downward Rise) / The Chevelles (My Kind) / Crying Suns (Hands Up High) / The Summer Suns (Girl In A Mexican Restaurant) / Grooveyard (Avalanche Of Love) / The Marigolds (Waiting In Line) / The Terraplanes (TV Set) / The Cracked Jaffers (Light Of Today) / The Genes (Trying To Lose Control) / The Zimmermen (Are You Still Alone) / The Bo-Weevils (Remember) / Jack & The Beanstalk (Some Brighter Day) / The Holy Rollers (Playing Games) / The Screaming Tribesmen (You Better Run) / The Stonemasons (Tell Me) / The Little Murders (She Lets Me Know) / The Believers (Wake Up) / The Cockroaches (Why Oh Why) / Roddy Rayda (Night Stalker) / Chris Klondike Masuak (It's Christmas Time Again) / The Stems (Make You Mine)

14 comments:

angelo said...

pwd: password

Anonymous said...

To whoever does this blog:

I've got promos for you of whatever you don't have from this link of what I have in stock>

http://jimbasnight.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=6

please let me know at jim@jimbasnight.com

Anonymous said...

great stuff on the Bam Balam comp.....worth it just for the Zimmermen b-side "Are You Still Alone"....when oh when will their first LP "Rivers of Corn" ever come out on cd? jim

Kouzie said...

This is great. Do you have Volume 1? I've got all the others and have searched years for Vol. 1 without any luck.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

what is the password???

Anonymous said...

where do you find part 2???

Anonymous said...

found part 2 on vol 2....d'oh!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to bother you and I know the file is old but the only site that appears to be working is Megaupload, which is fine but I have tried unsuccessfully to upload part two six times now. The file appears to get stuck and stops transmitting. The closest I got was 26.2 MB out of 91MB or two more songs totalling 14 of 24. Hard to complain when you are providing such great stuff.

angelo said...

i'll try to upload to multiupload this week - so stay tuned

Anonymous said...

Thanks Angelo. I will keep an eye out for it. You are too giving. Looking forward to December. Are you going to spoil us with two sites full of Christmas cheer?

Anonymous said...

Found it. I have no idea what it takes to put these files out there or how long it takes, but you are absolutely the best. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelo. Any possibility Volume 2 of this series can be re-upped? It's on Megaupload, and is thus not available. I'd love to have this one as well. Thanks for all the others! You do amazing work.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Sorry...I meant Multiupload. But either way, it doesn't work anymore, and this is a gem. Thanks again!

Jason

Anonymous said...

Now that you're in the generous re-upping mood, how about this one please?