Tuesday, April 21

STRAIGHT EIGHT - SHUFFLE 'N' CUT (1980)

If the 3 LPs by Straight Eight had been by the band they are most similar to they would have gone down in the Annals of the bands' own history as among their finest. Seems strange that the songs made by Straight Eight would maybe have been considered better than those on the final Who albums, as things like "Modern Times","I idolise you","Nicotine Boys" and "Its down to you" are just a sampling. Pete noticed as well,which is why Straight Eight were signed to his own Eel Pie label and he was listed as Executive Producer. Lineup was Rick Cassman, Boot Kingsman, Steve Cherry and Rod Berriedale-Johnson. Shuffle 'n' Cut was the second album of the band bringing up some outstanding catchy tunes ("I'm Sorry", "Tonite" and "Christine").
Lead vocalist and main songwriter Rick Cassman has been busy playing and producing in The Deputies, and has also been involved with starting up a country bluegrass folk blues club in Twickenham called Club Acoustica. He also has plans afoot to record a solo album later this year for his record label ferryroad-records. Working title of the band and album are NEVADA PROVING GROUND...and hopes to release a Best Of CD very soon.
ZS (286 mb)
Songs
I'm Sorry / I Can't Stop / Powercut / Tonite / When I'm Alone With You / Tombstone / On The Rebound / Christine / Will You Love Me / Don't Turn Your Back / Satisfied / Only You

No comments: