TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES - V (2010)
So, V is the 5th volume of "Tributes or not Tributes", the first two volumes were posted in 2006, followed in 2008 by the aptly titled (at the time) "500.000 Blog Fans Can't Be Wrong" and in 2009 by "Tributes or not Tributes Strikes Back". Summer 2010 is the right moment to give another "49 Great Covers" of some famous songs we all care about. I'd like to thank all the bands involved in this project even though some will find out they are featured here. Special thanks to Buddy Love, the Slingsby Hornets, Kurt Baker (who has just released his CD of covers "Got It Covered") and others who read the PPC blog from time to time.
Special bonus: Yesterday, I received a cover of the classic "Knowing Me, Knowing You" by Jeff Shelton & The Well Wishers, but the compilation was already ready to be posted. So you can grab it here, and make it so the 50th cover of the collection. You also can watch a video of the cover on YouTube.
Click on pix for details


21 comments:
Your generosity, attention to detail, and knowledge are incredible. Thanks.
awesomely awesome...thanks for all your work...KC
Awesome as usual. Thanks.
Great, love these compilations, thank you so much
Love it, love it! Thanks for these great covers!!
Once again awesome... Glad to see a much better version of Baby Blue. I love the cheesiness of "Hello, it's me"
Angelo you are amazing! Your compilations are all works of art, and all share space on my rapidly diminishing 160gb iPod! Thanks for all the great music!
Many thanks. REally appreciated
Am I the only one having trouble opening all the files? CD1 tracks 2, 3 and 4 and CD2 tracks 2, 3, 4 and 5. All the rest is sublime or darn close!
Just downloaded the compilation, looking forward to hearing some great tunes.
Thanks (again!) for including one of our tunes.
Mr. Francis E. Slingsby Esq. / Jon Paul Allen
Please upload The Diggers with their album "Mount Everest"
New to the blog and it's amazing. I'd love to check some of the stuff out, but the Flash item with the password isn't loading for me in any browser. Could I get the password another way (*wink wink*)?
Thanks!
The password for all files is "password"
This really is an awesome blog. These comps are amazing. I'm still listening to the "Summer Songs 2" one.
Really love the compilation! Ash's cover of "Does Your Mother Know" is my favorite. I know that Kurt Baker has a few free tracks online if you enjoyed "Cruel to be Kind" as well. I found it through facebook but the other song is "Turning Japanese"! Right on! Thanks for the amazing work on this compilation!
hello angelo,
as an occasional visitor, I would like to express my appreciation of your extraordinary efforts. These comps are wonderful, and I love those Summer ones immensely.
Has anyone ever put the 2 Airwaves LPs up? I just picked them up las week on a visit to LA but face the laborius job of tranferring to digital.
cheers, Jeff in Sydney.
hi Angelo
I´m trying to "listen" (download) TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES - V (2010) but cd 1 is wrong. Could you help me?
Thank you
Thanks so much for all these great posts!!! Really enjoying the Tribute comps (bumping into some old friends I haven't thought of in years on a few of them). One question, when I download this one, Vol. V, I only get CD1 from Zippyshare. Is there a separate link to CD2?
CD1: Tributes or not Tributes ZS link
CD2: V RS link
Angelo,
Thanks for the reply. Very tricky splitting the links that way.
Keep up the amazing work. Really love all the Power Pop stuff and seeing all these bands brings back so many rushes of memory, FUnny whenever I bump into a friends band on here which has happened more than once.
Thanks so much for all your work! Every comp I've discovered has been fantastic.
Hi. I download it long time ago, now I see... I have just the CD 1. can you put the CD 2 again? Thanks. Ahug.
Post a Comment