BRINSLEY SCHWARZ - HENS' TEETH (1998)
"Hen's Teeth" is a bit of a godsend for longtime Brinsley Schwarz collectors, gathering all of the group's non-LP singles - including the first singles released when the band was a Swinging London pop combo called Kippington Lodge - plus singles the group released under aliases. As the Hitters, they released the reggae single "Hypocrite," complete with the dub "Version" on the flip. As the Knees and Limelight, they released 45s of Beatles covers. All this is interesting, fun trivia, but the true meat of the collection lies in the Kippington Lodge material and the official non-LP Brinsley tunes. Kippington Lodge may not be earth-shattering and the band is quite derivative, borrowing heavily from psychedelic British pop, in particular the Beatles and early Yes. A terrific, necessary compilation.
FLAC or mp3 (320)
Songs
Shy Boy / Lady on a Bicycle / Rumours / And She Cried / Tell Me a Story / Understand a Woman / Tomorrow, Today / Turn Out the Light / In My Life / I Can See Her Face / Hypocrite / The Version [Hypocrite] / I've Cried My Last Tear / (It's Gonna Be A) Bring Down / Everybody / I Like You, I Don't Love You / Day Tripper / Slow Down / I Should Have Known Better / Tell Me Why / There's a Cloud in My Heart / I Got the Real Thing
6 comments:
Not much Nick in the Kippington Lodge stuff, but they are definitely period pieces (from a period I love).
As you note, the Brinsleys rarities are the lure for us fanatics.
I trolled Amazon, Ebay and other sources for a long time before finally bagging this at a reasonable price.
Now others will be able to check it out.
Thanks, and another great post.
Ace K.
Fantastic band. I was very lucky to see them live a few times back in the day - once as Kippington Lodge.
"Silver Pistol" is one of my all time fave albums. Ah memories!
seems like the flac link is dead.
Still unavailable for flac . I would love to have a version of hypocrite
but I'll come back again.....
flac link fixed
Thankyou very much for the new link.
Well worth the wait.
Post a Comment