Wednesday, March 30

THE FEELIES - BARSTOOL BLUES [CDS] (1990)

After a 19 year break, the Feelies are back with "Here Before" an album of all new original material on Bar/None Records.

To celebrate this release, here's the rare single of "Barstool Blues" which was offered as a free bonus with "Time of The Witness" by a french record store. (Only 2000 were made.)

Songs (Lossless)
Barstool Blues (Neil Young) / Now I Wanna Sleep In Your Arms (Jonathan Richman)

11 comments:

Adelle the Great said...

Must be a Feelies day. I wrote about them on my blog today as well, oddly enough. Nice work you're doing here- just found it & I have a bunch to catch up on.

bglobe313 said...

Would anyone happen to know what French record store it was?

Ace

P.S. Oh, yeah, great post. Can't wait to hear it.

angelo said...

Ace, just look at the back of the sleeve...

davidwolfsonnc said...

the feelies are a welcome return and thank you for this . . . put me in mind for some reason of a certain in ny power pop and went back and listened to a lot today. any chance you have any jonathan gregg and the lonesome debonaires?? thanks for all your work on this great blog

rogue46 said...

The Feelies rock! I am so psyched about the new album, I can't wait. I plan to see them in Philly in June!

MrMushroom said...

Hi
I got mine from the FNAC store in Paris. Many stores all over France.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot...this is super.
Cheers.

froggy said...

Great post, thanks a lot , "Time For A Witness" was one of my favourite albums of 1991."Here Before" is also available for listen on grooveshark.

Ivan said...

Thank you!
I love the feelies!

ipuclarim.com said...

"Great post! Thanks a lot"

Kell said...

Thanks for this. As expected, the Feelies doing Modern Lovers is a perfect match. The Neil Young cover is interesting...