THE SCRUFFS - TAKE A BATH (1997)
Hailing from Australia, The Scruffs were a pretty unorganised and disorderly band and this comes across in their music. This was their debut EP "Take A Bath", the band's rough style of power pop soon enveils a likeable charm. Lead singer Ryan Ellsmore has a nasal twang to his voice that is perfectly suited to this style of music and on their cover of the dB’s classic, "Black & White", he sounds remarkably like Chris Stamey. Another highlight is the surprisingly acoustic song "Slumber". PopMatters
The band also released "The Actual Size" in 2002.
Songs
Stan And Rock / Black And White / Out Of Reach / High Rotation / Slumber / Downward Slope
The band also released "The Actual Size" in 2002.
ZS (185 mb)
Songs
Stan And Rock / Black And White / Out Of Reach / High Rotation / Slumber / Downward Slope


6 comments:
Incidentally, a new lineup of the Scruffs - featuring Ryan Ellsmore and guitarist Matt Galvin from the "Actual Size" lineup, with Stuart Wilson (New Christs drummer) and bassist Bill Gibson (ex-Pyramidiacs, Lemonheads, The Eastern Dark) - will play their first show in Sydney next week. At this stage it's uncertain whether they'll use a new name for ongoing performances...
Hi Angelo!
Your site is wonderful!
Can I make a little request?
Is possible to post some live stuff of bands like "Farrah" or "The Secret powers"?
I hope in your kind answer.
Cheers from Italy!
THANK YOU angelo - you da man!
This music is so great and so rare; I hope all the visitors to your blog will give it a listen!
Good Call Angelo.
Have to admit I always thought of The DB's whenever I've listened to this.
Hi Angelo!
Is possible to create a little box where sometimes to post live cd of power pop bands?
Cheers from Italy and thanks for your beautiful site.
I didn't request it, but I'm certainly glad to have it. Thanks!
Eric
Post a Comment