VARIOUS - BEATLESQUE AGAIN (2011)
In 2007, "Meet the Beatlesque!" was my CD attempt at compiling artists who have had a Beatlesque moment, whether consciously or not. As i was writing back then, candidates were plentiful and the 2cd set had not enough space.
But i didn't want to make some kind of a rehash, so on this second collection, i made the decision to not include any bands or artists already featured on "Meet The Beatlesque!". It meant no Rutles, no Spongetones, no Utopia...but some bands who have always worshipped the Fab Four. More than 40 years after the band had split, the Fab Four are more influential than ever.
Maybe the moptops influences are not always obvious, but at least the collection is "Pure Power Pop For Now People".
Special note: This is a 2CD set with full artwork (booklet, inner, inlay, tray and disc) included.
But i didn't want to make some kind of a rehash, so on this second collection, i made the decision to not include any bands or artists already featured on "Meet The Beatlesque!". It meant no Rutles, no Spongetones, no Utopia...but some bands who have always worshipped the Fab Four. More than 40 years after the band had split, the Fab Four are more influential than ever.
Maybe the moptops influences are not always obvious, but at least the collection is "Pure Power Pop For Now People".
Special note: This is a 2CD set with full artwork (booklet, inner, inlay, tray and disc) included.


44 comments:
Loved the first one Angelo, can't wait to hear this one.
Great compilation, Angelo.
Excellent job and congrats for your 5th anniversary
I never thank you enough. Thanks, Angelo. You keep topping yourself over and over and over. And what fantastic artwork, too. With your great compilations, you help make the ride to work so much less painful!
I'm honored to be included.
Doug
Buddy Love
thx Angelo, excelent compilation!
Thanks,
I loved the first two Beatlesque comps!Am looking forward to listening to these new ones!!
great job, Angelo!
This makes me so happy. Thanks thanks thanks!!!
I have listened and they are awesome. Greta job. I haven't heard of a lot of thse artists. Can you suggest any of them that tend to sound alot more like this throughout?
Great comp man. But track 3 on CD1 jumps and skips around a lot - any chance of a re-up of that song?
i've just listened to the original wav and mp3 - it is flawless
i'm gonna check the rar file now and let you know
i've just checked the song coming from the rar file and it is also flawless.
Maybe you had some trouble when unrar was in progress
Congratulations, Angelo!!!
Fantastics 5 years!!!
And great compilation!
I re-did the un-rar and all was well, thanks for the tip. Great compilation, lots of stuff that is new to my ears.
Love your compilations, many thanks
Hello Friend,
Congratulations on your blog!
Please, what is password???
Best regards
Rodrigo
Thanks for all of this angelo, I have a dumb question too, for the pw protected rars, does anyone know where you enter the password using UnrarX? The progress box just says the password's invalid but I don't know where to enter it! Great stuff keep it coming.
@rodrigo I assume it's "password"
ALso angelo, if there;s an older post I can't find a download (Liquor Giants' Here) has it probably been removed? Thanks a million, Little Marky
Doy, I figured out the link for "Here". Duh.
However I still am unsure how to enter the password. Would it behoove me to switch to WInRAR or another?
Thanks again
Marky
doy I'm so sorry, I figured out the password issue with UnrarX. It was definitely user error. I'll go now....
angelo if you want you can delete all my previous bs!
Hi Angelo,
For certain reasons the computer I am using blocks MULTupload. I do not intend to be a pain in the arse about this for every one of your great posts, but I really love your comps, so is there any chance that you (or anyone) can give me the MULTIupload (or Rapidshare or anything) for these uploads? Those don't get blocked.
Thanks,
Ace K. (and I can live with it if it can't happen)
have you heard DUCKS DE LUXE's 'Please Please Please'? It fits perfectly on the genre (a consideration for vol 3?)
Nice Work.
Cheers!
Moe (Milan, Italy)
Best Comp Award should go to you- what a great ear for top-notch singles, culled from all over the hinterlands of low-reward power pop. Anydays, Orgone Box, Autumn Defense - fantastic selections.
Thanks for putting together this great comp! Unfortunately, I can only unpack tracks 1-8 on CD 1. I get a "password incorrect" error when unpacking track #9 and then UnRarX gives me an error message and fails to unpack the rest of the file.
Best compilation ever! Disc 2 is even better than Disc 1, which I thought would be impossible.
Parallel compilation:
http://www.ripthemusic.com/beatlesque.htm
Beatles for Guitar:
http://www.4shared.com/folder/b7EuMnjz/Classical__Fingerpicking_.html
http://www.4shared.com/folder/k8nKxjDv/Other.html
Beatlesque Christmas:
http://www.4shared.com/file/pOpERU3H/Beatmas.html
Thank you so much for your hard work!
As the guitar player in the Berkeley Squires and writer of "The Best I Can," I thank you for giving my work some exposure. But how did you get this recording?? It never had very wide distribution back in '97.
Hi Glenn, your song is amazing (just like the other ones). I got it from a record executive to whom you'd sent the 5 song CDR some years ago. If you allow me i could post the complete 5 song CDR in mp3 here on PPC.
Thank you for the kind words, and yes, please feel free to post anything of mine that you want! (I'm still wondering who gave you the CD - there were probably fewer than 10 produced!)
Fantastic blog! thanks a lot!
Claudio (Brazil)
Loved the second disc, but the link to the first CD gives an error indicating the file is corrupt. Would it be possible to re-up?
Thanks for sharing this wonderful collection!
Dan
i think the download was not fully completed. try again
Can you please reupload this? :'(
I know u are busy but if u do get a chance a re-up would b greatly appreciated Thank you
I would just like to add one more request for a re-up. This looks fantastic!
Thanks for everything you do, angelo! And Merry Xmas!
can you re-upload this?
Any chance of a re-upload fellas? Greatly appreciated!
Any chance of re-upload fellas? Cheers in advance...
GRACIAS .... SALUDOS DESDE PERU
Very good compilations !
I'm searching for the Teddy Boys' album called "Singles" released in 2004 by Mersey Records.
Album "Beatlesque Again" contains the song "All I'll Ever Be" by The Teddy Boys.
Do you know anything about this Teddy Boys album ?
I can't find it anywhere. Thank you so much.
I'm searching for the Teddy Boys' album called "Singles" released in 2004 by Mersey Records.
Album "Beatlesque Again" by Various Artists contains the song "All I'll Ever Be" by The Teddy Boys.
Do you know anything about the Teddy Boys album ?
I can't find it anywhere. Thank you so much.
Post a Comment