Thursday, August 18

TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES VOL 6 (2011)


















This is Volume 6 of the ever popular collection of covers. As this one is free, i won't say it is number 6 of the "Tributes or not Tributes" series. So, almost a year after the successful Volume V, this new compilation brings 51 artists covering some of the best power pop acts we all love. There's even a cover song by the artist who originally wrote it in the 70's and finally released his own version in the 90's.

Two links: 376mb. They include the full set or artwork (booklet + inner + inlay + tray).

Previous collections are still available.
2008 - The Return Of Tributes or not Tributes (500.000 Blog Fans Can't Be Wrong)

Click on pix for details of the 51 bands involved

15 comments:

piratecyan said...

Thanks, looking forward to listening to it

powerpopster said...

You know, I don't make CDs as often as I used to, but I always make a point of burning and printing your fantastic compilations, Angelo. I always love them, and I thank you again.

Great stuff! Nice to see our local heroes FOH cover one of my favorite tunes from high school daze! :)

Curty Ray said...

As always, a home run! Thanks for all your effort

Anonymous said...

Really loved this compilation. Beautifully done!

Finchy

Anonymous said...

Angelo, what a great present for the weekend! I cannot tell you how much I enjoy these comps! Thank you! JohnBuck

Dean said...

Thanks for including us on the compilation!

Dean from The Decibels

Anonymous said...

I've loved all your previous comps and I'm sure I'll love this one too. Thanks very much.

Eric

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Angelo...you´re a true master.
Much appreciated.
Cheers Danny.

Jeff said...

Awesome job with the comps!

Jeff said...

Fabulous job with the comps!

Dj Tapitas said...

You Know that I Love your comps

Yatb.

Mr. Francis E. Slingsby Esq. said...

Thanks again Angelo for featuring one of our (borrowed) tunes.

Loving the compilation, as always.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Angelo! Fantastic job, as always. This is one of my favorite compilation series of all time.

I found two "non-canon" TONT editions over at PVAc, called Hello Again and Hello Again Again (all Spanish-language). However, whenever I try to download the Spanish-language one, I can never get the file to un-sip.

Does anybody know anywhere else on the web I could find a copy? Thank you very much in advance, if anyone can help!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I made a mistake in my last post. The "non-canon" spanish-language Tributes Or Not Tributes is called "de Nuevo."

The other one is called "Hello Again." Both are without volume numbers, and I found both at PVAcblog. But the "de Nuevo" one appears to be a corrupted file or something.

Thanks again for everything, angelo!

Anonymous said...

The two Tribute Or Not Tributes spin-offs were attributed to "josega65" and "Power Pop Lover" if that helps, and posted over at PVAcblog in 2008.