CUB KODA - THAT'S WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE SOUTH (1984)
As Koda began to back away from the group's loud, overdriven rock sound - at least in private. He purchased a multi-track tape recorder and started producing one-man-band tapes, where he overdubbed all the instruments and vocals. For the next several years, Koda made home recordings of rockabilly, blues, R&B, country, jazz and early rock & roll -- the exact opposite of Brownsville's heavy rock stance; the rockabilly tapes were eventually released as "That's What I Like about the South" in 1984, with other tracks showing up on compilations as late as 1993. The album was also released in France with a different artwork. Source: ElvisPelvis
Songs
Hoy Hoy / Who Do You Love / Two Hundred Love Affair / Beetle Bug Bop / Blues Stop Knockin' / Bottle To The Baby / My Baby Left Me / That's What I Like About The South / Aces Of Spades / Ten Little Women / Tight Jeans / Rattle Shakin' Mama / Chicken Walk / Split Personality
Songs
Hoy Hoy / Who Do You Love / Two Hundred Love Affair / Beetle Bug Bop / Blues Stop Knockin' / Bottle To The Baby / My Baby Left Me / That's What I Like About The South / Aces Of Spades / Ten Little Women / Tight Jeans / Rattle Shakin' Mama / Chicken Walk / Split Personality
6 comments:
pwd: password
nice stuff. I have 80% of the records on your blog. I have a massive power pop collection also. I used to run Zero Hour Records in Australia (Dangtrippers/Devin Hill/Chopper and many more) keep up the cool rips.
if you want to contribute to the blog, i'll be more than happy to invite you - for instance i'm looking for the australian Boys.
BTW: i didn't know the Devil Hill solo cd's had been available on Zero Hour prior to the Big Deal releases (the ones i purchased then)
Great blog, great LP.
Just curious, how do you make these flawless
pictures off your LP's. I'm immensely jealous.
JM
Yea I released the first Devin Hill CD a year before Big Deal did, same songs but a slight different cover. I did the first Chopper self titled CD they did their second.
anyway, I've kinda started a Aust power pop blog at. http://powerpop.wordpress.com
if you could link me to yours I will link you to mine?
But I would be interested in contributing to yours.
I putting the finishing touches to 2 CD comps with very rare Aust power pop including BOYS tracks.
(funny footnote: My wife looks after the BOYS guitarist once a week who is diabled from a car crash)
I amost sold all my power pop collection but your blog has inspired me back out of retirement haha
you're linked
about Chopper, i bought the first CD (Zero Hour) as well the other two released by Big Deal + the CD EP also released by Big Deal
about contributing
the Boys (aus) or the Rainyard stuff would be some great ones
Post a Comment