THE DEL-LORDS
FRONTIER DAYS (1984) - JOHNNY COMES MARCHING HOME (1986)

Between 1984 and 1990, the Del-Lords released four studio albums plus a mini live album. Most of their output has been made available on CD except the first two LP's which have never been reissued on CD, even though some songs can be found on Get Tough (the CD Best Of). With guitarist Scott Kempner (once Top Ten of the Dictators) penning the material but occasionally relinquishing lead vocals to guitarist Eric "Roscoe" Ambel, the Del-Lords embraced rock's basic components with such skill and verve that they outshone most everyone else on the scene. (Trouser Press). PLAY IT LOUD OR SHUT IT OFF.
The links have been removed. Both albums have been remastered and reissued with bonus tracks. Check your local record store.
Frontier Days
How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live / Get Tough / Livin' On Love / Double Life / I Play The Drums / Burning In The Flame Of Love / Pledge Of Love / Shame On You / Mercenary / Feel Like Going Home
Johnny Comes Marching Home
Heaven / Love Lies Dying / Drug Deal / Soldier's Home / Saint Jake / Dream Come True / True Love / Everlovin' / Against My Will / No Waitress No More
The links have been removed. Both albums have been remastered and reissued with bonus tracks. Check your local record store.
Frontier Days
How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live / Get Tough / Livin' On Love / Double Life / I Play The Drums / Burning In The Flame Of Love / Pledge Of Love / Shame On You / Mercenary / Feel Like Going Home
Johnny Comes Marching Home
Heaven / Love Lies Dying / Drug Deal / Soldier's Home / Saint Jake / Dream Come True / True Love / Everlovin' / Against My Will / No Waitress No More
3 comments:
I have these both as my own LP rips, but am curious to hear how yours turned out. Many thanks for posting!
Oh my god - I can't believe it! Finally! Johnny is one of "those records" that I have been hunting high and low for and had almost given up on. Thank you sOOOOOOO much. I almost cried as I loaded it up and as I sit here listening to it my heart is pounding!!
Power pop rules all!
Great blog! Thanks. Any chance of getting "Johnny Comes..." reposted since the massmirror link don´t seem to exist.
Post a Comment