THE SILENCERS - ROCK'N'ROLL ENFORCERS (1980)
Latest news: Link removed. The album has been remastered and is available here http://www.dntrecordingstudios.com/store/
Hailing from Pittsburgh, The Silencers relesaed their debut album, "Rock 'n' Roll Enforcers," in 1980 on Precision/CBS, spawning four local radio hits - "The Peter Gunn Theme," "Modern Love," "Head On Collision" and "Shiver and Shake". The Silencers made two solid albums — "Romanic" (still available on PPC) is significantly superior - with some good songs (like "Illegal" on the first and "1 of Those Girls" on the second) before vanishing. Too bad. These guys coulda been contenders. Trouser Press.
Special note: The album was ripped in 24bit/96khz and then converted to FLAC 24bit/44.1Khz and mp3(320). Full artwork included.
Peter Gunn Theme / Remote Control / Illegal on YouTube
Songs
Modern Love / Head on Collision / Remote Control / Illegal / Johnny Too Bad / Peter Gunn Theme / Shiver and Shake / Take Out Service / Cold Sweat / I Can't Believe It
Special note: The album was ripped in 24bit/96khz and then converted to FLAC 24bit/44.1Khz and mp3(320). Full artwork included.
Peter Gunn Theme / Remote Control / Illegal on YouTube
Songs
Modern Love / Head on Collision / Remote Control / Illegal / Johnny Too Bad / Peter Gunn Theme / Shiver and Shake / Take Out Service / Cold Sweat / I Can't Believe It
10 comments:
You might consider a new download service. This one stinks of late. file is never available.
Fantastic! Great work. Thankx a lot for all.
Very good! Thanks Angelo!
thanks for this
In my opinion, this is much better than Romanic.
I really like this album....
Would u consider re-up the Neptunes album posted a long time ago?
thanks
cheers
i just checked and the Neptunes link is still active
I would concur with robopope...megaupload is SEVERELY limiting the free users now. I've tried most of the afternoon to get this one and it's still unavailable.
yep, thanks
I have a cassette of an album titled "A Blues For Buddha" by The Silencers, dated 1989. Same band?
Dennis Tako has Rock n Roll Enforcers Remastered for $10.00 on his Facebook.T.H.
@kenharris Nope this is a different band completely. The other, later Silencers came from the ashes of another top new wave group, Fingerprintz. The Pittsburgh Silencers (Rock n Roll Enforcers / Romanic) were completely different.
Post a Comment