VARIOUS - THE BEST OF BOMP VOLUME ONE (1978)
Bomp started in 1974 for the purpose of recording and releasing music for the "hard core" rock & roll fans who made up the readership of BOMP magazine. This album "The Best of Bomp Volume One" included the highlights of the first four years, plus some unreleased gems for collectors. Some of the tracks included things by well-known bands that would otherwise never have been issued - The Wackers, The Choir, and Stooges material came to the label as such - and the rest, a majority of the artists discovered and originally produced by BOMP had gone to a greater fame.
Bands (Songs)
ZS (300 mb)
20/20 (Giving It All) / The Flamin' Groovies (Him Or Me) / The Poppees (If She Cries) / The Wackers (Captain Nemo) / The Choir (I'd Rather You Leave Me) / The Rockfield Chorale (Jingle Jangle) / Venus & The Razorblades (Punk-A-Rama) / Iggy & The Stooges (I Got A Right) / Snatch (I.R.T.) / The Weirdos (A Life Of A Crime) / Willie Alexander & The Boom Boom Band (Kerouac) / Shoes (Tomorrow Night) / The Zeros (Wimp) / DMZ (Busy Man) / Iggy & The Stooges (Gimme Some Skin)


14 comments:
one of the most loved comps from that era...
I bought this when I was 13 because it looked cool. It was a revelation! I can honesty say it helped shape my musical tastes forever. One of my fave comps of all time
Ouch -- gone already?
The link don't work.
Long live PPC!
I've got this on pink (!) vinyl, and it's killer!
Try the link in the paragraph, not in the usual place in the title. Worked for me.
Thanks, angelo! This is a great complement to "Destination: BOMP!" and "From L.A. With Love."
Thanks for posting this! Had this 100,000 years ago on vinyl. Way above average % quality music for a comp. Perhaps BOMP is the best record label ever.
i love Bomp! Records, i've got this comp on vinyl (the recent reedition on colour vinyl) and it's very find to find it in mp3 too
i try to find the 7 inches of Bomp, several of them are still avalaible from the bomp store at very decent prices
nice comp'
i try to find the 7 inches Bomp had released, even the recent ones like Beachwood Sparks (great band)
some of them is still avalaible from the bomp store, such good things as the Last (awesome band) or the Poppees!
Sorry, can i have the pass for this file thank u
Ok thank u i have find, wonderful record
You guys are the greatest! That "Kerouac" song is so goofy and infantile! A classic!
There's a lot of great stuff here. I'd love to hear this collection and a couple of the other links, but "password" isn't working as the password. Any guidance?
There's a lot of great stuff here. I'd like to hear this one (and many others), but "password" isn't working as the password. Any guidance?
Post a Comment