Saturday, February 26

MAGIC CHRISTIAN - MAGIC CHRISTIAN (2004)


















After the Flamin' Groovies had split, Cyril Jordan's new project was Magic Christian with Alec Palao on bass (Sneetches) drummer Prairie Prince (Tubes, Todd Rundgren, etc.), and singer/Bay Pop Festival founder Paul Kopf. Together they put out a great set of mostly original 60's-influenced pop tunes. This rare release is a 2cd set limited edition in gatefold sleeve and was ranked #6 by David Bash in his Top 125 of 2004.

In 2009, a new Magic Christian (Cyril Jordan, Clem Burke, Eddie Munoz and Paul Kopf) released the excellent "Evolver". Click here to purchase.

Special note: I added a custom booklet and tray.

Studio (FLAC or mp3)
Too Close to Zero / Things She Said / Here She Comes / Right Back Where I Started / She's So Good / No Time to Cry / My Gal / Some Day Soon / Flash / Ride the Light / Till I Looked in Her Eyes / Angel / I Can See for Miles

Live (FLAC or mp3)
Made My Bed / Till I Looked in Her Eyes / Right Back Where I Started / Flash / Ride the Light / Too Close to Zero / No Time to Cry / Things She Said / She's So Good / My Gal / Here She Comes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good rock/pop album. I will seek out the band's other album. Thanks for the post.

beyesn said...

Saw MC perform at SXSW in Austin, TX in 2008....really got the crowd excited there. Particularly when they did Cyril's Flamin Groovies anthem "Shake Some Action" and a cool cover of The Who's "Out in the Streets."

Shriner said...

This was great. I'm glad to hear Cyril is still making music.

Ricard BCN said...

Thanks! I was looking for this a long time. Cyril Jordan has always been one of my favorites

lif said...

thanks for long time fg fan and always look for anything related