From Edinburgh, Scotland, formed in 1977, the Headboys released an album of power pop in 1979 on Robert Stigwood's RSO label. The LP was produced by Peter Ker (Motors, Bram Tchaikovsky). The first single, "The Shape of Things to Come" coupled with "The Mood I'm In" was a minor hit and the band planned a U.S. tour to support the album and join the New Wave craze that they reluctantly became a part of. But they soon decided that they were not ready for touring and retreated to the Scottish countryside to record another album. The album was not released and the band split up. Headboy keyboardist Calum Malcolm has owned Castle Sound Studios in Scotland where the Headboys album was recorded for over 28 years and has produced records for The Blue Nile, Prefab Sprout and others. Source: lostbands
Lossless: 1 - 2 (267 mb)
Songs
The Shape Of Things To Come / Stepping Stones / My Favourite D.J. / Kickin The Kans / Changing With The Times / Silver Lining / Experiments / Schoolgirls / Gonna Do It Like This / The Breakout / The Ripper / Take It All Down / The Mood I'm In (bonus b side)
Lossless: 1 - 2 (267 mb)
Songs
The Shape Of Things To Come / Stepping Stones / My Favourite D.J. / Kickin The Kans / Changing With The Times / Silver Lining / Experiments / Schoolgirls / Gonna Do It Like This / The Breakout / The Ripper / Take It All Down / The Mood I'm In (bonus b side)

13 comments:
pwd: password
Hey, awesome. been looking for this one.
a great blog... congratulations...
Cheers from Brazil
...and visit: drunksongs.blogspot.com
=)
As usual another great band out of Scotland. So why can't more great bands come from places like -- France.
Thanks for posting this. You're doing an awesome job iwth the power pop stuff! Lots of luuuuve from Denmark.
Awesome band, incredible album! I got this from the powerpoplovers blog long time ago, I downloaded it again just to get better artwork. Ordered a couple more Headboys singles through the net to get more of those rare b-sides.
Best regards from Finland. Keep on!
Thanks so much... I have the vinyl but no way to play it anymore ... been looking for a rip for years... this was an awesome and so underrated album, like so many similar bands of the era.
(Now if someone would rip Mi-Sex and The Intergalactic Touring Band...)
Haven't heard these guys in YEARS! Where can I download the album - no links here or am I missing something? Cheers
Beautiful. A gem of an album. "Experiments" still hypnotizes me. Many thanks.
I had this on vinyl. LOVED IT!
Been looking for CD/MP3 of it off and on for years... THANKS!!!!!!!
-SteveD-
Could you please re-up The Headboys? I have this LP and I love it. Sadly, the link is dead....ZS maybe? It's fast...
Please, please, please re-up it anywhere you like. I have the LP and I love it. But I cannot get it anywhere as .mp3...all links are dead!
Please re-upload this gem of vinyl anywhere else. The RS link is dead...
Post a Comment