Thursday, August 9

IMITATION LIFE - ICE CUBES AND SUGAR (1986)


















Available in America after their second album "Scoring Correctly At Home" (23 tracks on CD), "Ice Cubes And Sugar" was the first time domestic release of Imitation Life's debut album, which had been previously issued on the french New Rose label. More appropriately, this was the American-ized version of the album, due to re-sequencing, re-mastering and new selections with a different sleeve. Imitation Life, a band propelled by a sixties edge fueled by the punk movement is presented here in their original trio form of New Jersey-bred Alan Berman and brothers Rod and Jeff Chitwood (before Rod had moved from drums to lead guitar). It's also worth mentioning that the band included a re-recording of their "When She Says Yes/Withouth A Cause" 45 from 1984. Finally, Eddie Munoz of Plimsouls' fame plays lead guitar on 5 songs, just like he used to play guitar on their "I Will Dare" version of the Replacements classic.

Songs
She's Just A Taker / Imitation Life / Over Here / Pretty President / When She Says Yes / Come On Up / Hey Buddy / I'm Really Alright Tonight / Breakout / Without A Cause / Merchandise Me / I'll Come back For You

2 comments:

angelo said...

pwd: password

anyone who has the second Imitation Life album can contact me. thx

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, I do not have it, but this albĂșm is fantastic. Eternally grateful.