DUDES - WE'RE NO ANGELS (1975)
When the early-'70s US pop/rock group known as the Wackers fell apart, two of its former members, bassist Bill Trochim and guitarist Bob Segarini, decided to come up with their own creation, the Dudes. The duo brought the founding members of April Wine (Ritchie Henman and David Henman), and future April Wine guitarist Brian Greenway. All of the guys helped out with the vocals. In 1975, the Dudes recorded a debut album, "We're No Angels", released by CBS. The result was one hit single, "I Just Wanna Dance". Before the recording of a sophomore offering could get under way, most of the members moved on to other endeavors. Segarini carried on, completing another EP, "Starlight". It was a last offering before he formed the Segarini band. In 1997 Pacemaker Records would release an excellent retrospective rarities collection called "All The Young Dudes, All The Old Demos". AMG
Saturday Night / Fuel Injection / I Just Wanna Dance / Lylee Lady / Deeper and Deeper / Dancin' Shoes / Got Me Where You Want Me / My Mind's on You / Rock & Roll Debutante / We're No Angels / Saturday Night (Reprise)
ZS (302 mb)
SongsSaturday Night / Fuel Injection / I Just Wanna Dance / Lylee Lady / Deeper and Deeper / Dancin' Shoes / Got Me Where You Want Me / My Mind's on You / Rock & Roll Debutante / We're No Angels / Saturday Night (Reprise)


9 comments:
THANK YOU for this! I had it back in the 70's and I've been looking to have it again for quite a few years now... the search is over!!
-mk-
Hello Angelo
i love blog I have to much records of this page in vinyl and you made a great work, please visit my blog and let me know your opinion
Oscarkotj
http://oscarkotj.blogspot.com/
You must be looking at my record collection. And me with no turntable. I remember The Wackers were to have a fourth LP featuring The Beatles She Loves You on it. Saw them perform that on a Montreal-based t.v. show (Musical Friends?). The cassettes used to show up for sale or trade in the back pages of the old Trouser Press. Must be copies still out there. And then there's the Bomp 45 (Segarini asks "who's you're favourite Jules Verne character?" And the answer is...?)
Wackers were not Canadian. They were from L.A.
True, they weren't from Canada originally. Segarini's earlier bands, The Family Tree and Roxy came out of California. Why The Wackers relocated to Montreal is a question I don't have an answer to. I'll have to look at my old issue of Shakin' Street with them on the cover. Maybe the answer is there. I remember Day and Night being a hit on the radio back in the early 70s. Bob has recently narrated a t.v. program on the Canadian Country Music network about Canadian singers and song writers. For some darn reason he chose to move to Canada and stay there.
bp
Cool stuff indeed! Thank you!
Here's the Segarini album "Gotta have Pop" (1978) from my original vinyl copy!
http://my.opera.com/walknthabass/blog/show.dml/233176
Please re-upload this! I have it on vinyl - bought while on holiday in Scotland! - but cannot upload lps myself. Everyone should have the opportunity to listen to and appreciate the wonderful Wackers and all their forerunners, offshoots etc.
If it is not permitted, where can we get a replacement for at least some of the tracks?
Firstly thank you for the wonderful blog which I have been visiting for years! Would it be possible to once again re-upload The Dudes' "We're No Angels"?
Thank you Angelo for an amazing body of work, it is very much appreciated!
jaybee
If possible could you please re-upload this again?
Thank you for this amazing blog!
Post a Comment