Saturday, September 29

WOOFING COOKIES - HORSE GUM TORTILLA SHOES (1986)


















Scott, Joe, Len and Chad were the Woofing Cookies, a New-York based quartet who released one full length album on Midnight Records. Prior to this LP, they had recorded two singles, the second one "In The City" being produced by Peter Buck. Their music had all the basic ingredients of classic pop, catchy melodies, memorable hooks ("Plain Truth"), and a good beat. Read myspace for more.

Songs
Plain Truth / Johnny's Dead / State Of Adventure / Lying / Girl Next Door / Leave It All Behind / Blue Rose / New Song / Soundcheck / Thank You / TBA / Like Us

6 comments:

angelo said...

pwd: password

Anonymous said...

Thanks! My vinyl is too trashed to make a digital transfer, so this is much appreciated. "New Song" and "Girl Next Door" have made many mixes of mine over the years.

Mike Bennett said...

A couple of years ago, a member of Woofing Cookies contacted me about a documentary of some sort they were trying to put together. I had mentioned them in some review I wrote. Never heard back from the guy. Really fun album.

Anonymous said...

Wow...blast from the past! I mail ordered this album from the Midnight Records Catalog in like 1989. Still got it in my collection somewhere. Anyway, thanks for the post and fun memories.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelo, thanks very much for posting this fun album, but I cannot get the rapidshare link to download! When I clik on the link the file comes up as normal, but then when I clik to download, it always indicates 'error'. Could you possibly post a new link? Respect, Mike.

angelo said...

i just tried and the link works perfectly fine with me
sometimes you can get error with rapidshare, but try again, it will work