Monday, September 17

ONE THE JUGGLER - NEARLY A SIN (1984)


















Though their appearance was that of a band of gypsies, "One The Juggler" were a musical marriage of Bowie-esque glam, eccentric folk and melodic pub rock (with a bit of The Only Ones thrown in for good measure). "Nearly Sin", their debut album, was recorded over a 2 year period and featured all of their single A-sides up to that point, plus some brand new tracks. "Passion Killer", "Damage Is Done", "Django's Coming" and "Are You The One?" were all fantastic singles and fit perfectly in amongst plenty of other like-minded tracks. "Enjoy Yourself" is a great album opener, kicking into "Mr. Wolf", which careens into "Passion Killer", and then the album never really lets up. It's a strange trip, and one that does not seem that it would have had the commercial push that it did in the UK. Albums like this are made for music fans, not for new wave kids (it flopped, no surprise). Within a year of the release of the second album "Some Strange Fashion" produced by Mick Ronson, Rokko, Lushi, and Trimmer had split and One the Juggler were just a memory.AMG

Lossless: FLAC 8 (326 mb)

Songs
Enjoy Yourself / Mr Wolf / Passion Killer / (O, No) You're Not The Same / Sister Soul / Junkie For Love / Blind Old Senator / A Minor EFF / Barnaby / Damage Is Done / Django's Coming / Patience Of A Saint / Are You The One? / Damage Reprise

9 comments:

angelo said...

pwd: password

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Cheers for this, saw 'em a couple of times when The Queer Boys supported them, before they turned into the Quire Boys. Gonna post Le Mat album soon on my blog, already posted the single. Cheers for the Jerry Nolan single as well.

Anonymous said...

Great record which I very often saw in the sales bins a few years ago but never bought.
Thanks ever so much.
You are doing an AMAZING job !!!!!!
Popphil

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering if you, or Digitalvinyl was ever going to post this. This record is great! They also released several singles and EPs, with a bunch of non-album tracks. Any chance of posting any of those???

Mick Ronson actually joined One The Juggler on their second record "Some Strange Fashion" and is even pictured on the sleeve. It's nowhere near as good as this one though.

Thank you for all that you do.
Cheers!
closelobster@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

thanx for this saw them once in nottingham,cheers mike

Anonymous said...

I found this site looking for the second One the Juggler album since I just remebered how much I loved this one. How strange that you just put this up. Now I won't have to rip my LP since I'm sure you did a better job.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I just spotted this..Ive seen their vids on You Tube...Shem Morris is alive and well in Woodstock,N.Y. he now fronts a band called Spiv...also Dynamojo in the early 90's..I'll give this a listen...His stuff always has that Bowie-ish sound..he's a talented songwriter..

Irene said...

Many thanks for posting this, great album! Especially the track resembling Rock'n'Roll Suicide. Found out about these guys via Mick Ronson contribution to Some Strange Fashion. Does anyone have their single Hours and Hours/Secret Of Love?

buzzbabyjesus said...

A friend had this back in the day, and I've searched for it ever since. Thanks!