TRUE BELIEVERS - HARD ROAD (1994)

After a major label bought out their contract and paid for a significantly more polished and powerful second album, the band was dropped following a corporate reorganization, and a potential breakthrough album was left collecting dust in the vault. "Hard Road" finally gives this great band their due, bringing together the True Believers' self-titled debut and their previously unreleased follow-up on one compact disc.The True Believers deserved better than the hand they were dealt, and one listen to "Hard Road" provides all the proof you need. AMG
Lossy (ZS): 320 lame 3.98 (187 mb)
Lossless (netkups): FLAC 8 (492 mb)
Songs
Tell Her / Ring the Bell / So Blue About You / Rebel Kind / Train Round the Bend / Lucky Moon / Hard Road / We're Wrong / I Get Excited / Sleep Enough to Dream / The Rain Won't Help You When / It's Over / She's Got / All Mixed up Again / One Moment to Another / Who Calls My Name / Outside Your Door / Wild Eyed and Wound Up / Nobody's Home / Only a Dream / Home / Please Don't Fade Away
Lossy (ZS): 320 lame 3.98 (187 mb)
Lossless (netkups): FLAC 8 (492 mb)
Songs
Tell Her / Ring the Bell / So Blue About You / Rebel Kind / Train Round the Bend / Lucky Moon / Hard Road / We're Wrong / I Get Excited / Sleep Enough to Dream / The Rain Won't Help You When / It's Over / She's Got / All Mixed up Again / One Moment to Another / Who Calls My Name / Outside Your Door / Wild Eyed and Wound Up / Nobody's Home / Only a Dream / Home / Please Don't Fade Away
8 comments:
ESSENTIAL! I saw them a few times here in Boston when they were touring back in the 80's, and I remember them opening up for Guadalcanal Diary once....their set was SO rocking and thunderingly loud, when they were done and GD came out, the singer something like 'how can we possibly follow that?"......a great record!! jim
Alejandro and Javier together.Plus Jon Dee Graham.Of course, I have the CD.The CD includes the unreleased second album.
I have seen Alejandro Escovedo in his various musical incarnations.Nuns,Rank and File,True Believers,Buick MacKane and solo.A true American musical treasure.All of Alejandro's musical output is highly recommended.
A neat interview by Jian Ghomeshi (ex Moxy Fruvous ) on CBC Radio 1 Programme Q:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxXTHZ0CZBw
And for Anonymous above.I remember a great show where Guadalcanal Diary opened for REM.
Angelo
A request.Have you ever seen Wild Choir 'Wild Choir'(1986)?Country rock band led by Gail Davies.Never on CD so will be a vinyl rip.
Thanks
Doug
Seems to be unavailable from the URL provided.
I really commend you for staying on top of these things and making them available to the few, the proud.
Couldn't believe it when I saw this. I am an old hippie and was still in Austin during this time period. All this time I have only had a cassette with some of their stuff - didn't even know they had an album. Shades of Woodshock. Thanks.
Terrific album...
Fantastic... thanks for this awesome True Believers FLAC listing!
Post a Comment