Saturday, June 16

MARBLES - RED LIGHTS / FIRE & SMOKE (1976)

Terry Ork signed the Marbles. He wanted Fire and Smoke as the A side but the band convinced him that Red Lights was really the single. The Marbles recorded a bunch of demos for Hilly Kristal that were supposed to be released on CBGB Vol 2. but the LP was never released. They released a second single on Jimboco Records. I included the "youtube" video of the band performing Red Lights that was never aired. (Single Ork 81977)

5 comments:

angelo said...

pwd: password

thee makeout party! / burger records said...

Thanks! The Marbles are a great band. I'll hopefully get that LP they just reissued soon!

vex_voxtone said...

This single is absolute powerpop jewel!!!!
THANX

Anonymous said...

LP is out now on Vinyl Countdown records....you can pick it up at http://www.vinylcountdownrecords.com/

Anonymous said...

The LP is now out of print. Does anyone have a copy that they could post? Thanks & I hope everyone has a fantastic 2010!