Wednesday, September 12

DWIGHT TWILLEY - BLUEPRINT (1979)


















The next era of Twilley’s solo career was marked by a relatively large number of recordings, the overwhelming majority of which would never see the light of day. This period included one of two completely unreleased albums in Twilley’s career. From 1979 until the very last months in 1981, Twilley worked on the follow-up album to "Twilley" for Arista. Entitled "Blueprint", the album was originally finished by Sept. 24, 1979, and actually appeared on Arista’s new release sheets in May 1980 with the number AB4251 assigned to it. The Blueprint album exists in three versions, the one found on the blog is the Noah Shark & Max version, but there are two more versions with different songs. Read the Full Story here. Dwight Twilley made some tapes of "Blueprint" for friends at the time, but it never truly existed as an ‘album' except on cassette.

Notes
The rip was provided by our "secret agent man" in Seattle. During the 80's, he got the tape (unknown generation) from a guy working at Rykodisc. He digitized the tape and sent us a 192 rip of the "Blueprint" songs. I only posted the Noah Shark mix because the other versions i have are not complete according to the official Twilley website. I made the artwork based upon the notes found on the official Twilley website. That means the front sleeve comes from my "Dwight On White" 12" EP, but as i've never seen the photo intended for the back of the album, i made one of my own.

Blueprint 9/79 version
Somebody To Love / I Love You So Much (version one) / She’s All My Light / Just Like You Did It Before / Dancer / Money / Then We Go Up / Leave Me Alone With My Baby / I Found The Magic” (version one) / Cryin’ Over Me

Blueprint '80 version
Rock Yourself, Son / Sky Blue / Shark (In The Dark) /Baby's Got The Blues Again / Tiger Eyes / It's So Amazing / Then We Go Up / She's All My Light / Cryin' Over Me / Somebody To Love / Money

Blueprint '81 version
10,000 American Scuba Divers Dancin' / Dion Baby / I Found The Magic / Then We Go Up / Cryin' Over Me / Sky Blue / Somebody To Love / Love You So Much / Just Like You Did It Before / Living in the City / Leave Me Alone With My Baby

10 comments:

angelo said...

pwd: password

jchoma said...

Wow! wow! Wow! Thank you very much for this!

Anonymous said...

angelo, couldn't open Somebody to Love

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post. I've been a Twilley since I first heard "I'm on Fire" in the 70's.

geekroick said...

thanks for the rare Twilley! any chance of posting "Dwight On White" or any other unreleased stuff?

cheers!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the twilley. the best find of my year.

Anonymous said...

very cool! thanks.

Anonymous said...

Excelente!!!. Justo estaba buscando algo Twilley. Tengo TDKs de 1980 con el tema Shark grabado de la FM. Gracias.

Mark said...

Many thanks for all this rare Twilley...

leesa said...

Thanx so much for all the really neato Twilley!!!


I'm looking for "Scuba Divers," and "47 Moons," hopefully @ 320. I'd also like to get 320 "Blueprint" and "Tulsa."


xo,
~leesa