GOO GOO DOLLS - FIRST RELEASE (1987, Reissue 1994)
Before the Goo Goo Dolls evolved into the modern-rock superstars who would record late-'90s radio smashes, they were an energetic trio spewing forth a mixture of trash and punk. "First Release" exhibits a carefree attitude and a sense of humor, but little sign of what was to come. Still, "First Release" is an enjoyable introduction to a band with better days ahead.
"Goo Goo Dolls", also known as "First Release", is the first album by the Goo Goo Dolls. All of the songs are sung by bassist Robby Takac, who was originally the band's lead vocalist. It is the hardest to find of all the band's studio albums, being out of print as of 2007 and not in very wide circulation.
Songs
Torn Apart / Messed Up / Livin' in a Hut / I'm Addicted / Sunshine of Your Love / Hardsores / Hammerin' Eggs (The Metal Song) / Don't Fear the Reaper / Beat Me / Scream / Slaughterhouse / Different Light / Come On / Don't Beat My Ass (With a Baseball Bat)
"Goo Goo Dolls", also known as "First Release", is the first album by the Goo Goo Dolls. All of the songs are sung by bassist Robby Takac, who was originally the band's lead vocalist. It is the hardest to find of all the band's studio albums, being out of print as of 2007 and not in very wide circulation.
Songs
Torn Apart / Messed Up / Livin' in a Hut / I'm Addicted / Sunshine of Your Love / Hardsores / Hammerin' Eggs (The Metal Song) / Don't Fear the Reaper / Beat Me / Scream / Slaughterhouse / Different Light / Come On / Don't Beat My Ass (With a Baseball Bat)
6 comments:
As a gentleman of a certain age, I shouldn't really like this band, but their version of 'Give A Little Bit' is a guilty pleasure.
I love your work PPC...here's mine http://bigplansforeverybody.blogspot.com/
PowerPop, Post Punk and matters arising
Nice choice Angelo.
Hard to believe that they would evolve in to "pap rock" for the "Charmed" generation.
About 10 years ago when I moved I got rid of about 1000 CDs that I no longer wanted. To this day this is the only one I regret letting go of. Thanks for posting.
Hey anything ..wouldn't you just think they lived their life the way it happened and with that put out of some of the best music, ever. What a gift they have and yeah, Give Alittle Bit what a great remake, better than the original and American Girl a personal Tom Petty Favorite of mine, they did as good ! The Goo Goo Dolls are the best, #Something for the rest of us , is such a wonderful piece of work. Fills my soul.
Hi Anonymous,
Not really to be honest, let's just say we grew apart.
Rushbo,
What a superb start to your blog, great stuff.
We should exchange emails, I know somewhere ehere you'd be welcome.
"'First Release' exhibits . . .little sign of what was to come." Perhaps, but a careful listener can hear (wonderful) bits of JED in SOMETHING FOR THE REST OF US.--M. Barceló
Post a Comment