VARIOUS - THE WILD LIFE SOUNDTRACK (1984)
"The Wild Life" was a 1984 comedy-drama film, written by Cameron Crowe after the success of "Fast Times At Ridgemont High". Directed by Art Linson, "The Wild Life" is not in the same league as "Fast Times" or "Say Anything". The film is only available on VHS. No DVD version or CD reissue have been released due to music rights issues concerning the artists on the soundtrack.
As a matter of fact, the movie is now famous because of the Peter Case song "Who's Gonna Break The Ice?". The song was originally penned during The Plimsouls lifespan and can be heard on the "Live At The Palace, Hollywood, 1985" CD and on a Concert Reunion from 2006 (Live At Safari's Sam). The song was recorded with the Williams Brothers and Jeff Eyrich. It was produced by Don Gehman.
Besides the great Three O'Clock and Louise Goffin & Charlotte Cafey songs, there are some really embarrassing fillers.
FLAC 24bit or mp3 (320) with complete artwork
Bands (Songs)
Edward Van Halen (Donut City) / Hanover Fist (Metal Of The Night) / Charlie Sexton (It's Not Easy) / Andy Summers (Human Shout) / Bananarama (The Wild Life) / What Is This (Mind My Have Still I) / Van Stephenson (Make It Glamorous) / Peter Case (Who's Gonna Break The Ice?) / The Three O'Clock (I Go Wild) / Louise Goffin & Charlotte Caffey (No Trespassing)
10 comments:
Your rip is much better than my crappy rip of my scratchy vinyl.
Anybody who skips checking this out for the absolutely fantastic Peter Case song, should look at other blogs! You clearly have no taste!
Harumph!
you know, just a few days ago, whilst cleaning up my 22,000+ iTunes library (yes, I am quite insane!) i was listening to the Peter Case song and thinking, i wonder what the rest of the soundtrack is like....looked around online and found nothing, UNTIIL the mighty and always reliable PPC digs it up! Spooky!!
thanks much!!!! jim
Another 80's movie who's soundtrack is impossible to find, "My Chauffeur", has some great powerpop by The Wigs.
Great movie with some great cameos (Lee Ving, etc.)
Thanks, one of my fave movies, never thought of a soundtrack til now when I read Eddie did a bunch for it, but only one song was put ion the album.
WHAT IS THE PASSWORD
Easiest password ive ever guessed haha password is: password
Hi everyone,
I new here.
I just stumbled upon the movie and was eager to find the Peter Case song. I'm glad I found it.
I downloaded it from Megaupload, however, I can't open the .rar file.
I read on the blog there's the 'password' password but I wasn't asked one.
Is there a special manipulation to do to open the file?
Do I have to download a plugin or an app first?
I use a Mac, is it a problem?
thanks for your answer and for sharing
good initiative as many of those titles are so hard to find.
Does anyone know where we can get any of the music by the Wigs featured in the movie My Chauffeur? I did some looking online, and found that the main songwriter was a studio musician. So, does this mean that the Wigs weren't an actual band?
My Chauffeur OST has just been released and is available for the 1st time through cdbaby
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thewigs2
Post a Comment