Monday, January 31

VELVET CRUSH - LIVE AT THE CBGB's (1996)



















A live recording from the days of "Heavy Changes" by Rhode Island's finest Power Pop band.

Here are the notes of the original ripper:
"My sister got CBGB's to provide her with a soundboard tape. But when we got home and listened we realized the sound guy was recording with just the room mics for the first 2 songs, so it goes from sounding like an excellent audience recording to a really good Soundboard."

Special note: I got the FLAC files from a friend on a registered site. I made a custom PPC artwork (booklet + tray).

Lossy: 320 lame 3.98 (120mb)


Songs
Play For Keeps / Standing Still / My Blank Pages / Think It Over / Hold Me Up / Goin' To My Head / Why Not Your Baby / Atmosphere / Ash And Earth / Used To Believe / Live For Now

7 comments:

Martin said...

Many thanks! Really looking forward to hear this.

Anything Should Happen said...

Great choice Angelo!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this and the other Velvet Crush items you've provided recently. I found a lot of their records difficult to get and a few slipped by me without my knowing. I hope you have some more up your sleeve.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this and the other Velvet Crush items that you've posted recently. I missed some of these and I didn't know about this live show. I hope there are more VC recordings coming up.

DBC said...

Man Velvet Crush are awesome. Thank you so much for this! Really looking forward to giving it a good listen.

Anonymous said...

wonderful -- thank you very much!!

Anonymous said...

hi again mate!
may you re-upload this one?
cheers!
Franck